Center for Character Ethics to present four businesses, two non-profits with awardsBy Robb Hicken/ BBB’s chief storyteller
The Center for Character Ethics is pleased to announce the winners in this year’s Torch Awards for Ethics winners.
“We had a number of good entries in this, our first year of the Torch Awards for Ethics,” says Dale Dixon, CCE president. “We consider the finalists and winners to all be leaders in integrity and ethics.”
The Torch Awards for Ethics celebrates the commitment that for profit and non-profit enterprises make to the highest standards in leadership character ethics and ethical enterprising. These companies generate a high level of trust, among their employees, customers and their communities.
This year’s winners include:
- Zions Bank – Founded in 1873, Zions has been serving the communities of the Intermountain West for more than 140 years. Zions Bank operates 26 full-service financial centers in Idaho.
- Western Heating and Air Conditioning – Doing business since 1967, Western has tried to be a leader and not a follower in the industry. Western provides new construction, remodeling, add-on and retrofit services.
- A1 Plumbing and Perfect Air – A local, family owned Idaho company, A1 Plumbing provides quality workmanship, experienced plumbers with an in-depth knowledge of solutions available, and a professional attitude to Ada and Canyon county residents and businesses.
- Custer Agency, Inc. – Custer Agency is a full service private detective agency (except criminal defense) based in Boise, Idaho. Since 1995, it provides a broad range of forensics and Security Services to Idaho law firms, businesses, insurance companies, government agencies, and individuals.
- Boise Rescue Mission – A Christian non-profit agency serving Ada and Canyon counties with four locations, Boise Rescue Mission Ministries reaches out to the community by providing food, shelter, clothing and opportunities to recover from homelessness for men, women, and children in need.
- Giraffe Laugh Early Learning Centers – Giraffe Laugh strengthens families through quality care and education of young kids and their families with three locations in Treasure Valley.
HONORABLE MENTION Category
- Clima-Tech Corporation – Clima-Tech is an Employee Owned Corporation established more than 20 years ago in Boise. Clima-Tech specializes in commercial HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) service and maintenance, automated logic direct digital controls as well as the analysis, identification, and implementation of comprehensive energy management solutions.
The award was established in 1994 and embodies the BBB’s mission of advancing marketplace trust. This year’s Trust Awards sponsors are Melaleuca, Idaho Statesman, Journal Broadcast Group, CableOne, Price Associates, Disaster Kleenup, and Willow Park Assisted Living.
An awards luncheon is scheduled for Nov. 20, 2013, at The Riverside Hotel, Garden City, Idaho. For information on attending, contact Jill Ackerman, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-947-2110 for reservations.