You’ve got about 10 hours before its too late.
Once Google’s new policy goes into effect, all data collected by you, including search queries, sites visited, age, gender and location will be gathered and assigned to your online identity represented by your Gmail and YouTube accounts.
YOU ONLY HAVE until midnight to opt out of this new policy. After than, you won’t be able to. You avert what I see as an identity theft opportunity waiting to happen by going in and deleting your Google Web History and modify your settings.
Here’s how you do it.
1. Go to the google homepage and sign into your account.
2. Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click accounts settings
4. Find the “Services section”
5. Under “Services” there is a sub-section that reads “View, enable, disable web history.” Click the link next to it that reads: “Go to Web History.”
6. Click on “Remove all Web History”
A message appears ” Web History is Paused” and Google, while continuing to gather and store information about your web history, it will mark the data anonymous and not associate your Web History information with your online accounts and will therefore be unable to send customized search results.